1. Learners are NOT allowed to register at two (2) or more exam centres.
2. If you do not disclose your various registrations to Star Schools, we will not be held liable for any matters arising, mainly being unable to write your exam.
3. Star Schools will not be held liable for learners who do not choose their subjects correctly when registering, or do not complete the REGISTRATION FORM and EXAM ENTRY FORM correctly. Should you require assistance with the form completion please contact our office.
4. Learners are NOT allowed to register for subjects which DO NOT appear on their statement of results. The learners school-based assessment (SBA) marks will still be valid, as we DO NOT redo SBA activities. If the Learner chooses to redo their SBAs, it will be the responsibility of the Parent or Learner to ensure that the new marks are submitted to the Department of Education.
5. Star Schools will not be held responsible for any application errors made by the Parent or Learner.
6. Please speak to a consultant at Star Schools should you require further information or assistance.
7. Learners can only register for a maximum of six (6) subjects per year.
8. No subject add-ons will be done once registrations have closed and submissions to the Department of Education are finalised.
9. Once class allocations have been done, NO changes will be made to the learners’ personal timetables.
10. It is the responsibility of the learner to attend all classes on time.
11. Parents must ensure that learners attend class regularly. An average attendance of 85% a month per subject is compulsory. Failure to comply could result in registration with no refund.
12. It is compulsory for all learners to write all assessments scheduled for the year.
13. If learners are found to be changing classes, disrupting lessons, not following the schools’ rules or behaving in an unruly manner they will be suspended immediately, following a meeting with parents.
14. The Parent/Guardian must disclose to the school in confidence of any known medical conditions, health concerns or allergy pertaining the learner; along with any disability, special educational needs, or any emotional, behavioural and/or social difficulty on the part on the learner.
15. The learner is responsible for the security and safe use of all his / her personal property including money, mobile / electronic devices, keys and bags etc
16. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian and learner to ensure that the learner arrives to school and exams on time.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Star Schools Code of Conduct has been developed to establish a disciplined and purposeful environment considering a climate of trust, mutual respect and understanding of each other’s feelings, culture, race, gender, age, disability, religion and language.
The following rules apply to all learners attending the Star Schools programme:
BEHAVIOUR PUNCTUALITY AND ATTENDANCE
• Learners are always expected to behave in a courteous and considerate manner towards each other.
• All learners are to arrive at school before the official starting time of each session.
• Learners who are later than 5 minutes will NOT be allowed into the classroom.
• Learners should dress neatly and presentably.
• Star Schools will not be held responsible for theft of or damage to personal belongings on school premises (e.g. cell phones, bags, books and clothing items).
• The school is a place of safety where laws pertaining to public spaces are applicable.
• All learners have the right to an education free of interference, intimidation and/or physical abuse.
• Learners will respect the property and safety of other learners. Fighting or threatening of other learners is forbidden.
• Wilful damaging, vandalising or neglect of School property and the property of others, either by writing or by a physical act, is prohibited.
• Theft of school and private property is also prohibited.
• Language that is seen as derogatory, discriminatory, or racist is prohibited.
• Fighting or threatening of others is forbidden.
• The carrying, copying and/or reading of offensive material is prohibited.
• No dangerous objects or illegal drugs as defined in the SA Schools Act or the Safety Regulations will be brought into and/or used on the school property.
• Dangerous objects include knives, firearms or any item that could harm a person.
• The carrying and/or smoking of cigarettes and marijuana in the area of the school is prohibited.
• Alcohol and drunkenness are not permitted on the school premises.
• The carrying of and/or consumption of illegal chemical substances and drugs is prohibited.
NB: Parent(s)/Guardians will be informed of any offence. Depending on the nature of the offence a disciplinary hearing will be held to decide on the learner’s admission to Star Schools. If you are found guilty of any of the above, no refunds will be paid out.
MATRIC REWRITE PROGRAMME-REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
The purpose of this document is to establish a framework for the management of refunds, cancellations and overpayments for the Star Schools Matric Rewrite Programme.
1. WITHDRAWAL AND COMPLETE CANCELLATION
• Definition: When a learner completes a Star Schools registration form, is allocated a registration number and receives a Star Schools timetable and workbooks.
National Senior Certificate
• No complete cancellations or subject cancellations will be processed after the 31st March 2022. Once Star Schools has registered a learner for Examinations with the Department of Basic Education cancellations will NOT be processed.
• Only 50% of the paid amount on payment plans will be refunded should you wish to cancel your application.
• Cancellations after the 31 March 2022 will result in NO refunds, due to head count costs.
• Kindly note Star Schools reserves the right to postpone or cancel a programme or subject.
• In the event of cancellation of a programme/subject or postponement time, Star Schools will communicate processes to parents and learners.
• Refund forms will only be accepted when submitted by the Parent/Guardian and all supporting documents are attached
• Applications for Refunds/Cancellations will be assessed and processed on the supporting documents attached and information provided to substantiate your claim.
• Payments take 4-6 weeks to process from date of submission and will only be made to the person who made the original payment.
• A R200-00 Processing fee will be deducted when monies are deposited, and the learner opts for a withdrawal or complete cancellation.
• The non-refundable Registration and Admin fee of R1000-00 will be deducted when a learner is registered with Star Schools but cancels thereafter.
• Any application forms for refunds or cancellations can be obtained from Star Schools offices or via email
by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. SUBJECT CANCELLATIONS
• Definition: When a learner remains registered on the programme but cancels one or more subjects.
National Senior Certificate
• No complete cancellations or subject cancellations will be processed after the 31 March or once Star Schools has registered a learner for Examinations with the Department of Basic Education
• Registration fees are non-refundable
• Cancellation after the 31 March 2022 will result in NO refunds.
• Definition: An amount that exceeds the stipulated amount has been deposited into the Star Schools Account.
• Star schools’ administrators handling the refund request are to compile an account reconciliation and
submit this to finance who will verify the overpayment and process a refund
PROCEDURE AND PROCESS FOR REFUNDS
• The student or parent applying for the refund must complete and sign a refund form
• Information regarding banking details must be correctly completed by the applicant. Star schools will not be held liable for incorrect bank transfers processed nor the bank costs involved to reverse any incorrect payments
• All payments will only be processed via EFT. No cash or cheque payments will be made, and no third-party payments will be processed
• The date of the application will only be inserted once all required documentation has been received.
• The applicant will be given a copy of the refund request form.
• All deductions must be clearly indicated
• As it is dependent on various Bank clearance days, no payments will be made with immediate effect due to extra bank charges.
• The following must accompany every application:
Copy of ID of both student and person to be refunded
Copy of learner registration form
Proof of Banking Details
Proof of Payment for our Bank tracing purposes
• Applications must be submitted to finance by the 20th of every month, to ensure payments are processed by the 30th of each month.
• Payments will be processed within 4-6 weeks of receipt date to finance staff
• When completing the Refund request Form please ensure that all the information that is provided is both valid and accurate
• A composite check list will be submitted to finance with each batch
• Upon registration, all learners must sign acknowledgement of the refund policy. This must be done in duplicate. A copy must be attached to the registration documents and a copy given to the student or parent.
• The administrator handling the refund request must scan all documentation and save to the shared drive. The name of the file will be saved under the learner name and surname.
DECLARATION AND CONSENT:
• I /We, the undersigned, declare that all the information provided above is factually correct.
• I/We understand that, for Star Schools to consider my/our acknowledgement of debt and repayment plan, it will require certain personal information from me/us.
• I/We also understand that my/our personal information will be provided to third parties who will assist Star Schools with verifying my/our information and that my/our signature to this document constitutes express written consent.
• I/We accept that any fraudulent information provided will automatically disqualify this application and may result in a case of fraud being pursued against me or the person standing as surety.
• I/We have noted the documentation and information that has been requested.
• I/We also confirm that I/we have read and hereby accept the terms and conditions of this consent.
• I/We understand that should I/we fail to settle payment as per any arrangements will result in being deregistered from the programme without any form of refund.
1. Star Schools does not provide transport to learners to and from school. Star Schools does not provide transport to learners to the exams.
2. Star Schools does not provide meals for learners.
3. All communication from the school will be sent via SMS or email.
4. The onus of ensuring Star schools has updated contact details for learners and parents, lays with the parent/learner.
5. The school will not be held responsible for any communication not received by learners, due to obsolete contact details.
6. The cost of a lost registration card is R150.00.
7. Classes begin in March 2022 and registration closes on 15 March 2022.
8. The final exam venue for Star Schools registered learners will be advised in August/September 2022.
9. CANCELLATIONS / WITHDRAWALS / REFUNDS / OVERPAYMENTS. Please note No cancellations or refunds will be processed after 31 March 2022. Please refer to the refund policy enclosed for further information.
Please follow the correct channels of communication with Star Schools, to ensure your requests are attended to, using:
Enquires / Refund forms / Cancellations: email@example.com
Contact telephone number +27 11 018 5000 or +27 11 018 4800